Sunday, May 15, 2011

Breaking a Smoking Habit May Be Hard

When a person wants to stop smoking, it may be very hard. To be around others that smoke sure doesn’t help. Smoking can become addictive because of the nicotine. It may attack the lungs, the mouth, the bloodstream, and possibly more. Nicotine is nothing but a drug. I have noticed that when friends are stressed out, they feel that they need to smoke. I guess that it must help calm their nerves or something.

When I see them smoking, I believe that it attacks their brain and way of thinking. The reason I think that it attacks their way of thinking, because if they didn’t know that it was time for their cigarette break, while they were lost in their work, they would not think to smoke. I have caught a few friends on the job that smoked that almost missed their cigarette break not knowing. When they feel that they need to smoke, maybe it is just all in the mind. I’m only speculating.
Some people stop smoking and never go back to it. For some, damage may have already been done to their bodies. I knew of someone that died of cancer because of smoking. Friends that saw her die are still smoking. Some people that I know that are smoking seemed to have aged over the years. Their skin looks so wrinkled.

It’s terrible to be around friends when they are smoking. It may affect you although you may not smoke. You may get itching and burning eyes, and it’s possible that it can get into your nose, throat, and lungs too. Being around cigarette smoke has always made me cough. Whenever I am riding in a car with a friend that smokes, the smoke attacks extremely bad. I have got to roll the windows down. I try not to be around the smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment